SUZUKI Announces 2012 RM-Z Machines for Motocross and Supercross
Suzuki continues to build on its class-leading technology with the launch of the new 2012 RM-Z motocross range which is now being announced across its global network of distributors and dealers.
2012 Suzuki RM-Z 250
The machines reflect development through a long history of Suzuki’s motocross racing teams including current World MX1 Championship leaders Rockstar Energy Suzuki and the Rockstar Makita Suzuki teams that have won and continue to win numerous championships worldwide.
“These championship-winning motocross bikes represent years of fine-tuning, featuring advanced technology developed through Suzuki’s domination on race tracks around the world. We are excited to introduce these class-leading machines for 2012,” said American Suzuki Motor Corporation’s Senior Communications Manager Steve Bortolamedi.
The 2012 RM-Z450 and RM-Z250 boast many class-leading features including fully-adjustable Showa inverted front forks, Suzuki Fuel Injection and powerful four-stroke liquid-cooled four-valve engines that produce balanced, effective power with strong mid-range torque and responsive acceleration for impressive performance on the track. A slim, lightweight twin-spar Aluminium chassis and swingarm give the RM-Z450 and RM-Z250 precise high-speed traction and unrivalled handling over tough tracks. The machines have also been updated with new styling and advances to make them the most lightweight, powerful and potent motocross machines to date.
The 2012 RM-Z450 is an open-class motocross machine that’s ready to dominate the toughest of tracks. As a racer, you need quick, laser-accurate steering and confidence-inspiring high-speed handling all in one package. And you want a high performance machine with a racing pedigree that makes it competitive right out of the crate. The RM-Z450 has been taking champions across the finish line ahead of the pack for years, fiercely competing across the globe from the World MX1 series to America’s prestigious AMA Supercross and outdoor motocross championships. It’s no secret that Champions Choose Suzuki!
2012 Suzuki RM-Z 450
2012 RM-Z450 Features:
- The RM-Z450 meets a stricter AMA noise limit (94db) while keeping smooth engine output
- Suzuki’s class-leading fuel-injection system uses technology derived from Suzuki’s championship-winning models. The RM-Z450, the first motocross bike to ever use fuel injection, has won both outdoor championships as well as a Supercross championship.
Engine FeaturesÃ‚Â Ã‚Â
- The RM-Z450′s 449cc four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve, fuel-injected engine was developed and refined to deliver phenomenal idle-to-redline thrust.
- The lightweight, battery-less, motocross-use electronic fuel injection system uses progressive throttle linkage for efficient power delivery.
- A 12-hole fuel injector delivers a fine fuel/air mist for efficient operation.
- The RM-Z450′s aluminum cylinder is treated with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating, and was built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.Ã‚Â Ã‚Â
- A 5-speed transmission provides extra flexibility, offering gear ratios suited for various terrains and conditions.
- The RM-Z450 has a link-type shifting system, which offers smooth transitions through the gears.
- Chassis Features
- The RM-Z450′s slim chassis design makes for a comfortable riding position, opening up the cockpit to help allow the rider to actively take control of the machine.
- Class-leading 47mm Showa inverted forks provide optimum wheel travel and are compression- and rebound-damping adjustable.
- A Showa piggyback-reservoir rear shock with high/low-speed compression damping adjustment and rebound damping and spring preload adjustments. The rear shock, working through Suzuki’s superlative rising-rate linkage system, provides 310mm of wheel travel, delivering maximum traction.
- The RM-Z450′s twin-spar aluminum frame and swingarm was developed and refined for a highly optimized balance between rigidity and superb high-speed traction. The lightweight swingarm helps enhance terrain-traversing performance over bumps.
- Race-inspired disc rotors offer enhanced cooling performance and efficient mud slinging.
- A stylish two-tone radiator shrouds accentuate the RM-Z450′s agile looks.
- The RM-Z450 comes with a gripper seat, with projected cross-shaped patterns on the top surface to provide additional grip.
2012 Suzuki RM-Z 250
2012 Suzuki RM-Z 450