It was one of the best shows in Vegas – a Supercross Supershow – the 2010 Monster Energy Awards Ceremony! And what a show it was!
The location – ‘The Joint’ at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas. The Joint is well known for it’s concerts. Carlos Santana is currently the ‘home’ performer … but The Joint has seen some of the most famous rock (and more) musicians in the world put on shows there. Coming soon to The Joint, country / western superstar Kenny Chesney.
Entering The Joint is literally a ‘red-carpet’ experience. Feld Entertainment Chairman Kenneth Feld his wife Bonnie, and many other executives from Feld Entertainment were just some of the VIPs in attendance. (Feld Motor Sports produced the show, and puts on all the major supercross events in the series except for Daytona.)
The Supercross ceremonies themselves – literally a tremendous production and show! Introducing and hosting the show – Jason Weigandt. One of the things he commented on – despite a less than stellar economy, supercross is strong, and looking even stronger for the future, with record breaking attendance at many venues this year
Some of the Awards that were presented Sunday night:
- The Road2Recovery Main Jet Award was presented by Jimmy Button, and the winner was Mark Hall, President of Monster Energy. Accepting the award for Mr. Hall was Hansen Beverage VP (and former Kawasaki executive) Bruce Stjernstrom.
- FIM Recognition Award went to John Gallagher
- Transport Driver of the Year was presented by Forrest Butler, and the winner was Tim Dixon of Joe Gibbs Racing
- The Decision of the Year was presented by Erin Bates, and won by Team Suzuki’s Roger De Coster
- The Rising Star Award was presented by Ashley Phillips, and awarded to Trey Canard
- The Humanitarian of the Year was presented by Jason Weigandt, and recipient was cancer survivor Sashta Johnson. She gave a very inspirational and emotional speech on stage
- The Spike Super Spills Award – presented by Mike LaRocco, and the winner was Justin Barcia
- The Supercross team of the year, presented by Cold Case TV show star Tom Berry, was won by the Pro Circuit Monster Kawasaki team
- The Team Manager of the Year, presented by Yamaha’s Jim Perry, was won by Team San Manuel’s Larry Brooks
- The Supercross Champion Mechanic Award was presented by Terry Emig, and won by Suzuki’s Mike Gosselaar
- The Dave Coombs Sr. Supercross Lites East/West Shoot-out Champion, presented by Irv Braun – won by Jake Weimer
- The Manufacturer of the Year Award, presented by AMA staff went to Suzuki, and the award was accepted by Suzuki’s Supercross / Motocross Team Manager (and five time world 500cc motocross champion) Roger De Coster
- The Pro Privateer / C. E. Altman Top Privateer was presented by Jim Holley. The top privateer in supercross 2010? Thomas Hahn
- The West Region AMA Supercross Lites Champion trophy – Jake Weimer
- The East Region AMA Supercross Lites Champion trophy – Christophe Pourcel
- The Lifetime Achievement Award, presented by Joe Gibbs Racing Team Manager Jeremy Albrecht was awarded to Pastor Steve Hudson
- 3rd and 2nd place Supercross class, presented by officials from the AMA & FIM, went to Davi Millsaps and Kevin Windham
- And the final award of the year, presented by Feld Motor Sports Ken Hudgens, along with racing officials, went to the 2010 AMA / FIM Supercross World Champion Ryan Dungey.
Ryan gave an emotional acceptance speech, in sharing that his grand mother had died, and he misses her very much. Congratulation to Ryan in being the top supercross rider in the world for 2010, but also in showing that he’s just as human as all of us are.
Click to view larger images from the 2010 Monster Energy Awards Ceremonies. They include: Ryan Dungey holding his championship trophy, Bruce Springsteen display, Christophe Pourcel, Trey Canard and Jeff Emig, Sashta Johnson – one of the main person’s behind this year Breast Cancer Awareness event, Carlos Santana display, Roger De Coster accepting one of a few awards, Ryan Dungey accept his 2010 AMA / FIM Supercross Championship trophy and giving an emotional speech as well, Ryan Dungey’s championship bike on display, Ryan Dungey’s racing gear on ice, the iconic guitar sign at the entrance of the world famous Hard Rock, Jeremy Albrecht presenting award to Pastor Steve Hudson, Justin Barcia accepting his award, part of the red carpet entrance to The Joint, Jake Weimer with his supercross trophy, Jake with his girlfriend, Lindsey L. from Dirt Rider with Honda Red Bull Racing Team Manager Erik Kehoe, FIM’s Dirk de Neve and Dr. Wolfgang Srb, Larry Brooks, Mr. and Mrs. Roger De Coster, Mr. and Mrs. Mitch Payton, Christophe Pourcel’s bike on display, Pro Circuit Team of the Year, Angelia and Diana from Feld Motor Sports, the ‘red-carpet’ entrance to The Joint, Sel from KTM with Lindsey of Dirt Rider, Bruce Stjernstrom of Hansen’s on stage, Trey Canard on stage, Thomas Hahn on stage, TV actor Tom Berry, show host Jason Weigandt, Kevin Windham accepting second place in the 450 Supercross class for the season, and more of the great red carpet display at the entrance of The Joint at the Hard Rock.
Download the new, Version 2 of Supercross.com iPhone app – get the results & more from all the major supercross & motocross race series
Join the Supercross Community – upload your own photos, build your profile, upload videos, post in the message boards, and more!
Get the latest Supercross.com site updates and info via Twitter
And the secret word of the night at the 2010 Supercross Banquet? Social : )