Significant insurance rate reductions for AMA-sanctioned events
The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) has announced lower negotiated insurance cost savings of up to 18 percent for AMA event organizers. The new lower rates are geared to make riding and racing more affordable for AMA members everywhere.
Offered by Lockton Affinity, the preferred insurance provider of the AMA, the new program takes effect on March 1, 2012. The current reduction is the second insurance rate drop in six months. On Sept. 29, Lockton Affinity offered rates that were 10 percent lower than previous rates.
“AMA racing and recreational events are the gold standard for amateur motorcycle competition and riding in America,” said Joe Bromley, the director of AMA racing and organizer services. “Our riders, clubs and promoters expect quality customer service and competitive prices, especially in today’s environment.
“That’s why we’re pleased to be in a position to lower costs to the clubs and promoters who sanction their events with the AMA,” he said. “We’re very pleased with the significantly improved class and rate structure, and believe that organizers of AMA events will take advantage of these new savings.”
Some of the benefits of the all-new AMA-endorsed insurance program include:
- A change in motocross rates and structure to better meet organizers’ needs, including a new rate class for motocross for smaller events with premiums starting at $650. The remaining motocross classes will receive a rate decrease of up to 16 percent.
- Up to an 18 percent rate reduction for non-motocross events. The class structure has also been modified to better serve the needs of smaller events.
- Rates now starting at $50 for AMA club recreational events. All rates will change from a two-day rate to a single-day rate. New classes have also been added to better suit the needs of smaller events.
- By using the AMA preferred provider, event organizers continue to enjoy a streamlined process to get insurance for an event, as well as get the best coverage available to meet needs.
- The new 2012 sanctioned event insurance option form is now part of the sanction application available for AMA Organizers to download at AmericanMotorcyclist.com > Clubs & Promoters > Resources and Forms. Ã‚Â
For more information about the updated insurance program, AMA organizers should contact Cherie Schlatter, AMA organizer services manager, at [email protected] or at (614) 856-1900, ext. 1242.