Russ, hailing from New Zealand, has surpassed the 15,000 post mark on the Message Boards of Supercross.com. Not only is this a world record (the latest update – the new video of Russ getting MX riding lesson from Amanda is below!!) Russ has won from Supercross.com the following items, with a combined total value of over $35,000
- A Brand New Honda CRF 450 motorcycle
- A Complete Set of the New, Never-Been-Seen-Before Supercross.com Riding Gear
- An All Expense Paid Trip to the 2009 Motocross of Nations in Italy, Personally Escorted to all the VIP Areas and Meet-and-Greet of Top Motocross & Supercross Riders by Amanda Woods
- A Two Week Personal Riding Camp from Rick Johnson in Fabulous Sunny Southern California
- A Life Size Poster of the Favorite Rider of His Choice
- Lifetime Subscription to Supercross.com’s New Print Publication: Dirty Dirt World MX Dirt Biking Action Magazine
- And a Brand New DelI Super High Tech High End Top-of-the-Line 5.86 Ghz Fastest Computer Ever (no keyboard included though)
- A Bronze Statue of Russ, in the Front of the Supercross.com Office building, complete with his Wireless Mouse, Coffee Mug, and Thesaurus
We had a chance to interview Russ by telephone from New Zealand, and here is the interview:
Russ, 15,000 posts with Supercross.com, how does it feel?
Russ: Well, I have to thank all my supporters – LC, FinchFan, rmPride … all the guys like them for sticking with me and keeping me focused. Of course I still can’t keep up with the likes of offfroadtoday, DMG and RynoDaGreat, …. but I will just keep my head down, work hard, and keep moving forward.
How old are you these days?
Russ: Gee …. I don’t know, I have a hard time remembering. Ask me another question ….
Who do you think are the five best motocross riders ever in the history of the world?
Russ: Duh. In no particular order …. Josh Coppins. Ben Townley. Shayne King. Darryll King. And me.
What was the hardest part about getting to 15,000 posts?
Russ: Well, finger pump has always been a real issue. I went in and saw a finger specialist doctor. He opened up the fingers and cut out some bothersome tissue, and it’s made a huge difference. I’m up to about 276 words a minute now on the keyboard.
What do you like to do besides computing?
Russ: I have a ranch here in New Zealand. I’ve got five motocross tracks, and a couple of supercross tracks. I raise some cattle on part of the land. We do have one or two sheep here …. but not quite sure about that.
I do race a lot of motocross. I’m racing this Sunday at New Plymouth. In my spare time I like to run marathons and compete in mountain bike racing. Other than that I just like to stay busy organizing the food for Casey Stoner and Chad Reed.
Haven’t they both suffered heavily through-out the season with sickness problems?
Russ: Yeah mate …. and I don’t know what the problem is. I just keep telling ’em to eat more Vegemite.
Well, we know you are a busy man, so we will let you go. Do you have any parting words for your millions of fans?
Russ: Quit being such whiners and just crack the throttle back and get on with it. Cause if you don’t I’m going to come find you and use you to scrape the mud of my fenders. G’day!
There you have it folks! Spoken like a true champion! Congratulations to Russ on reaching 15,000 posts!
Disclaimer: Russ must be in San Diego by September 11th, 2009 to receive prizes, and bring along with $19,842 cash for shipping the items back to New Zealand.
The new Honda CRF 450!
The magic of the TM Suzuki model back in the day. Notice the Carrera goggles and Jofa mouthguard. Very trick!
Mountain biking on his 20,000 acre ranch in New Zealand
Winning the Supercross race
Just updated! Here is the latest video – Russ gets Motocross riding lesson at Pala Raceway on his brand new Honda CRF 450! From Amanda!
Amanda’s new vocation – motocross instructor!