Pinhancos, Jacobi and Tixier are 2010 FIM Junior Motocross World Champions
DARDON-GUEUGNON (FRANCE), 26 August 2010 – Youth riders from 34 different nations gave a proper Motocross racing display during six exhilarating races of the FIM World Junior Championship at the Dardon-Gueugnon circuit in France. Not even the threat of thunderstorms and some very nasty winds kept away the 5000 spectators from watching these talented youngsters fighting for their dream of becoming the future Roczens and Herlings of the world Motocross scene.
The 2010 Junior World Champions are American Jake Pinhancos (65cc), Henry Jacobi from Germany (85cc) and French rider Jordi Tixier (125cc).
125cc Top Three: 3rd Joey Savatgy (USA), 1st Jordi Tixier (FRA), 2nd Pascal Rauchenecker (AUT)
The 65cc class was won by Jake Pinhancos making his way to victory after an exciting battle with saturday’s qualifying session fastest junior, Taiwanese Brian Hsu. The American showed he was the rider to beat right from the start putting up two moto wins: “It was really difficult to hold Brian but he had some bad luck on the last moto and that can happen to anybody. The track was really rough; I don’t have such hard-pack tracks at home so I had a hard time getting around it. I’d like to thank the people who set up this race, I want to come back sometime” said Pinhancos. Third place rider was Wilson Todd from Australia with two consistent outings in third and fourth.
German rider Henry Jacobi won the 85cc class with a victory on the first moto and a third place on the second. Slovenian Tim Gajser, winner of the second moto finished two points short, right behind Jacobi who put up a solid ride in his first race of the day. On the second one the young German had some work to do: “I was in eighth after the start and had to make my way through the field only able to finish in third but was enough to get the overall. I want to thank my parents and my sister for helping me so much to get here”, said Jacobi. Fellow country young rider Stefan Ekerold was third overall even with a bad start on the second moto which he finished in twelfth position.
Jordi Tixier is surely a happy kid as he’s getting things on the double. The European 125 Champion can now add to his trophies the Junior 125 World Champion title. Although he had great opposition from American Joey Savatgy and Austrian Pascal Rauchenecker, the French sensation ran both motos with the level of competence the fans were waiting for: “things weren’t easy as it looked because Savatgy is a pretty good rider although after having two good starts and finding better lines on the second race I managed to win both motos. I hope to ride on the MX2 Championship next year and get some good results to be able to thank again the support I’ve been having from my family and fans”, said Tixier.
USA got on the top step for the Nations classification. Italy was second and 2009 winner Australia had to set for third position this year.
Juniors 65cc top-ten
- 102 PINHANCOS Jake USA AMA KTM 25 25 50
- 81 HSU Brian TWN FMI KTM 22 22 44
- 115 TODD Wilson AUS MA KTM 20 18 38
- 27 SIKYNA Richard SVK SMF KTM 16 16 32
- 98 VAESSEN Bas NED KNMV KTM 12 15 27
- 114 EVANS Mitchell AUS MA KTM 13 14 27
- 104 PAPI Brock USA AMA METRAKIT 11 12 23
- 103 CROWN Joseph USA AMA KTM 0 20 20
- 8 PRAMMER Lukas AUT OeAMTC KTM 10 10 20
- 20 ZONTA Filippo ITA FMI KTM 18 0 18
Juniors 85cc top-ten
- 50 JACOBI Henry GER DMSB KTM 25 20 45
- 243 GAJSER Tim SLO AMZS KTM 18 25 43
- 16 EKEROLD Stefan GER DMSB KTM 22 9 31
- 141 JONASS Pauls LAT LaMSF SUZUKI 7 22 29
- 10 KOVAR Vaclav CZE ACCR KTM 14 15 29
- 81 CERVELLIN Michele ITA FMI HONDA 15 13 28
- 7 DE WAAL Micha Boy NED KNMV SUZUKI 11 16 27
- 189 BOGERS Brian NED KNMV KTM 5 18 23
- 116 MANN Scott AUS MA KTM 20 2 22
- 66 OLSEN Thomas Kjer DEN DMU SUZUKI 9 10 19
Juniors 125cc top-ten
- 911 TIXIER Jordi FRA FFM KTM 25 25 50
- 11 SAVATGY Joey USA AMA SUZUKI 22 20 42
- 76 RAUCHENECKER Pascal AUT OeAMTC KTM 16 22 38
- 211 JAULIN Sulivan FRA FFM YAMAHA 20 16 36
- 141 DESPREY Maxime FRA FFM YAMAHA 14 15 29
- 120 OLSEN Stefan DK DMU SUZUKI 15 12 27
- 85 BERNARDINI Samuele ITA FMI KTM 12 14 26
- 69 HANOUSEK Roman CZE ACCR KTM 10 11 21
- 12 BISCEGLIA Matt USA AMA YAMAHA 18 2 20
- 142 PATUREL Benoit FRA FFM YAMAHA 13 6 19
Youthstream is the company that manages the exclusive television, marketing and promotional world wide rights of the FIM Motocross World Championship, the FIM Motocross of Nations, the FIM Women’s Motocross World Championship, the FIM Veteran’s Motocross World Cup, the FIM Junior Motocross World Championship, the FIM SuperMoto World Championship, the FIM SuperMoto of Nations, the FIM Snowcross World Championship, the UEM Motocross European Championship, the UEM Motocross of European Nations and the UEM SuperMoto European Championship.