Team Italy has been announced for the 2011 Motocross of Nations, to be held September 17 and 18 in St. Jean d’Angely France. The Motocross of Nations is the biggest motocross event in the world, held annually in a different country. If there were an “Olympics of Motocross”, then the MX of Nations is it – each country sends it’s three best riders.
Team Italy for the 2011 MX of Nations is: Tony Cairoli, the defending MX1 World Champion, and current series points leader, riding on KTM. David Philippaerts – 2008 MX1 World Motocross Champion, riding on Yamaha and Al Lupino, riding on Husqvarna.
Team USA is the defending MX of Nations champion, having won last year’s 2010 event held in Colorado. To watch video recap, visit this link on Supercross.com. To see results and photos from last year’s Motocross of Nations, visit this link on Supercross.com.
Team USA should be announced very soon.
Team France unveiled their jerseys for the 2011 Motocross of Nations, as seen below.
More from Supercross.com:
- Follow Supercross.com Twitter
- Supercross.com Facebook Fan Page
- Get series race results on your iPhone
- Join the Supercross.com Community – build your own profile, post in message boards and more. Free
- Rider Profiles
- Which Team will win the 2011 Monster Energy Motocross of Nations?
- Watch the 2011 Monster Energy Motocross of Nations!
- RJ Says: Video part 1 – Los Angeles Coliseum Supercross 1985!
- Chad Reed – The Crash video
Team Italy for the 2011 Motocross of Nations: L – R Al Lupino, Tony Cairoli, David Philippaerts