Saturday, September 17, 2011 – the Motocross of Nations at St. Jean d’Angely, France is the most prestigious MX race of the year. The day starts with a drawing to determine starting grid positions. As the balloting begins: Switzerland gets starting grid position 20, Kuwait is next with position 21, USA gets position number 5, Home country of France gets starting grid position number 13, while Czech Republic gets gate pick number 1! Great Britain gets gate choice 24. There are 36 total gate picks.
Watch the Motocross of Nations, here thru Supercross.com, either live or VOD. It is thru Youthstream’s video system, at http://www.supercross.com/mx-gp-vod. On Saturday, Septebmer 17, there are five and half hours of video programming available. Noon to 5:30pm local time. That is 6am Eastern Time start, 3am Pacific Time start. On Sunday, video programming starts at 1pm local time, which is 7am Eastern Time, and 4am Pacific Time.
First balls choosen: Dr. Srb shows Switzerland with the 20th gate pick
The Complete Gate Pick List:
- Czech Republic
- United States
- Puerto Rico
- Great Britain
- New Zealand
- South Africa
The board with the entire country list and their gate picks
Monster Girl Leslie before getting blind folded
- Here is a page with all the links we think you’ll find useful for the 2011 Motocross of Nations.
- Thursday – Motocross of Nations 2011 – Our first photos and report!!
- Friday’s report from the Motocross of Nations here on Supercross.com (photos tell the story!).
Team USA is the defending champion, and ready to try and repeat for the sixth year in a row. Led by Team Manager Roger De Coster, the riders are Ryan Dungey – 2010 AMA Supercross Series and Motocross Series Champion, Ryan Villopoto – the recently crowned AMA Motocross Class Champion and the 2011 AMA Supercross Series Champion, and Blake Baggett – riding the MX2 class in his first taste of “Nations”.
Here are links of Supercross.com to help you with following the event:
- First, you can watch the event on your computer, both Saturday September 17 and Sunday September 18. And there’s more, you can also receive the Fox Motocross of Nations package when you purchase the video access – it comes with an official Fox shirt from the Motocross of Nations event.Ã‚Â On Saturday, Septebmer 17, there are five and half hours of video programming available. Noon to 5:30 local time. That is 6am Eastern Time start, 3am Pacific Time start. On Sunday, video programming starts at 1pm local time, which is 7am Eastern Time, and 4am Pacific Time.
- You’ll get coverage each day on Supercross.com, starting Thursday, which will be in Feature content found on Supercross.com’s home page: http://www.supercross.com
- There will be updates via Supercross.com’s Facebook Fan Page
- You can follow along via Twitter
- You can get Features, Results and more thru Supercross.com’s iPhone application. Those articles will be in the iPhone app under the tab marked “News”.
- Current team members, managers, riders numbers, and more for this 2011 Motocross of Nations in France
- Bios on some of the ‘name’ riders that will be competing in the Nations: World Motocross Champion of MX1 – Tony Cairoli – Italy, World Motocross Champion of MX2 – Ken Roczen – Germany, Team USA’s Blake Baggett, Ryan Villopoto, and Ryan Dungey. Includes Christophe Pourcel, Marvin Musquin and Gautier Paulin from host country France. Australia’s Chad Reed, Great Britain’s Tommy Searle and 250 AMA MX lites motocross champion Dean Wilson, South Africa’s Tyla Rattray and other riders.
- Map of St. Jean d’Angely and area.
- This weekend’s weather forecast for St. Jean d’Angely, France.
- Photos, results, and more from the 2010 MXoN event in the USA.
- Amanda’s 2010 video recap of the 2010 Motocross of Nations, won by America’s Ryan Dungey, Trey Canard, and Andrew Short.
- Info on the 2012 Motocross of Nations to be in Belgium.
- Press release on Germany hosting the 2013 Motocross of Nations.
- You can join the Supercross Community: post messages in the forum, build your own profile, and more – free!
- Video recap from Amanda on the 2007 Motocross of Nations held at Budds Creek, Maryland – with Ryan Villopoto dominating on the 250, with team-mates Ricky Carmichael and Tim Ferry.
- One of our videos for theÃ‚Â 2008 Motocross of Nations event in England – won by Team USA’s: James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, and Tim Ferry.
- Another video: theÃ‚Â 2009 Motocross of Nations in Italy – also won by Team USA, which featured: Ryan Dungey, Jake Weimer, and Ivan Tedesco.
Much more is coming on Supercross.com from the 2011 Motocross of Nations in Saint Jean d’Angely, France, so stay tuned!