With the historic occasion of the first-ever AMA Toyota Motocross Championship Presented by FMF night race, the Toyota Trucks AMA National at Thunder Valley Presented by Division 7 Insulation will include same day national television coverage on SPEED.
For the first time in 2008, SPEED will feature same day coverage of the AMA Toyota Motocross Championship Presented by FMF. Ralph Sheheen and Jeff Emig will bring the telecast to millions all over the country with a late-night showcase of the premier AMA Motocross class at 11:30pm Eastern. The Thunder Valley coverage marks the first of three same-day broadcasts that SPEED will feature this season, which also includes Budds Creek and Southwick.
AMA Motocross Class – Same Day Coverage
- Lakewood CO/Thunder Valley – Sat. – 6/28/08 – 11:30pm Eastern
- Budds Creek MD/Budds Creek – Sun. – 7/13/08 – 10:00pm Eastern
- Southwick MA/Motocross 338 – Sun. – 8/24/08 – 6:00pm Eastern
The AMA has also made slight schedule changes for the weekend with the addition of night races and the AMA/WMA Women’s Motocross National Championship Presented by Kawasaki, with each of the series’ two motos occurring on race day. Points leader and rookie phenom Ashley Fiolek will lead the charge with challengers Jessica Patterson and Sarah Whitmore by her side.
- Event Schedule – Lakewood Colorado – AMA National at Thunder Valley
- Saturday June 28
- 12:00pm – 7:00pm Will Call
- 1:00pm – 1:20pm WMA Practice
- 1:30pm Mandatory Riders Meeting
- 1:45pm Chapel Service
- 2:00pm – 2:20pm Motocross Lites Timed Qualifying for Gate Pick (10 min. free / 10 min. time
- 2:25pm – 2:45pm Motocross Timed Qualifying for Gate Pick (10 min. free / 10 min. timed)
- Track Maintenance
- 3:00pm – 3:15pm Motocross Lites Timed Qualifying for Gate Pick
- 3:20pm – 3:35pm Motocross Timed Qualifying for Gate Pick
- 3:40pm – 4:00pm WMA Moto #1
- 5:30pm Opening Ceremonies
- 6:00pm – 6:35pm Moto 1 – Motocross Lites (30 min. + 2 Laps)
- 7:00pm – 7:35pm Moto 1 – Motocross (30 min. + 2 Laps)
- 7:45pm – 8:00pm WMA Moto #2
- 8:00pm – 8:25pm Intermission
- 8:25pm – 9:10pm Moto 2 – Motocross Lites (30 min. + 2 Laps)
- 9:10pm – 9:25pm Motocross Lites Victory Circle
- 9:30pm – 10:05pm Moto 2 – Motocross (30 min. + 2 Laps)
- 10:05pm Motocross Victory Circle
Tickets are available at Greater Denver Toyota Dealers, participating motorcycle shops, and King Soopers/Tickets West. Or log onto http://www.mxthundervalley.com for any and everything regarding the Toyota Trucks AMA National at Thunder Valley Presented by Division 7 Insulation.