November 7, 8, 9, 2008
It’s the 26th edition of the world famous supercross – Bercy!
And James Stewart is the 2008 ‘King of Bercy’!
Over the three nights of racing, James was undefeated. Another great showing for him as he still adjusts to riding for a new team – the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians L & M Racing Yamaha team.
The show and atmosphere of the Bercy event is very special and well-known through-out the moto world. The ‘show’ is like nothing else – second to none. That’s part of the success of the event, and the riders love it – it’s a tremendous ‘show’.
Two other American riders did well in Bercy. Justin Brayton and his KTM earned second overall, and Honda rider Kevin Windham returned to racing after a bit of layoff to finish third overall.
Here are the overall classifications of the Bercy Supercross 2008:
- James Stewart – YAM – 6 points
- Justin Brayton – KTM – 18 points
- Kevin Windham – HON – 36 points
- David Vuillemin – KAW 45 points
- Musquin – HON – 53 points
- Boniface – HON – 54 points
- Josh Grant – 57 points
- Ben Coisy – HON – 61 points
- Nic Aubin – YAM – 71 points
- Eric Sorby – HON – 73 points
Photos by Geoff Meyer, and Mediacross