ESPN’s X Games Los Angeles 2012 Celebrates 10th Year in Los Angeles, June 28 – July 1
X Games LA to Take Place June 28 – July 1, and the first 10 athletes have been invited.
ESPN will present X Games Los Angeles 2012 from June 28 – July 1 – one month earlier than usual – bringing all the action back to downtown Los Angeles’ L.A. LIVE venues and event spaces, including STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE, Event Deck at L.A. LIVE and the new downtown rally car street circuit with the debut of the Big Air ramp on Chick Hearn Court.Ã‚Â Celebrating 10 years of X Games in Los Angeles, this year’s premier action sports competition will feature more than 200 athletes competing for medals and prize money in the sports of skateboarding, BMX and Rally.
“ESPN is thrilled to be celebrating 10 years of X Games in Los Angeles and to showcase the incredible progression and excitement that fans have come to anticipate each year,” said Scott Guglielmino, senior vice president of programming and X Games.Ã‚Â “The world-class athletes, competition and distinctive elements of X Games Los Angeles truly embody the global nature and appeal of action sports.”
ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC will combine to televise 21 hours of live X Games Los Angeles competition in high definition. In addition, the Worldwide Leader in Action Sports will present all the X Games action on ESPN 3D.Ã‚Â Outside the United States, X Games Los Angeles will be across the globe, including live telecasts in Africa, Asia, Australia, Brazil, Israel, Mexico, Middle East, New Zealand and South America.
“STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre and L.A. LIVE are incredibly excited to host the X Games in Los Angeles for the tenth consecutive year,” Lee Zeidman, Sr. Vice President and General Manager, STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre and L.A. LIVE. “Our partnership with ESPN and the X Games truly makes them part of our family and we consider them one of tenants.”
The following are the various sport disciplines by venue location for X Games Los Angeles 2012:
- Moto X Best Trick
- Moto X Best Whip
- Moto X Enduro X (Men’s & Women’s)
- Moto X Freestyle
- Moto X Racing Women’s
- Moto X Speed & Style
- Moto X Step Up
Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE:
- BMX Freestyle Vert
- Skateboard Vert
Event Deck at L.A. LIVE:
- BMX Freestyle Park
- BMX Freestyle Street
- Skateboard Park
- Skateboard Street
Gilbert Lindsey Plaza/Lot 7:
- Rally Car
Chick Hearn Court:
- BMX Freestyle Big Air
- Skateboard Big Air
*PLEASE NOTE: The invited athlete list and competition schedule is constantly being updated and is subject to change.
The first 11 invited athletes include:
- Shaun White (USA) – 24-time X Games medalist in skateboarding and snowboarding and defending skateboard vert winner
- Brian Deegan (USA) – 11-time X Games medalist and freestyle motocross legend looks to defend his 2011 X Games RallyCross gold
- Nyjah Huston (USA) – Three-time X Games medalist and defending Skateboard Street gold medalist
- Steve McCann (AUS) – Six-time X Games medalist and defending BMX Big Air gold and Vert silver medalist
- Marisa Dal Santo (USA) – Three-time X Games gold medalist and current defending X Games Skateboard Street gold medalist
- Daniel Dhers (VEN) – Four-time X Games gold medalist and current defending BMX Freestyle Park gold medalist will attempt a three-peat
- Nate Adams (USA) – Three-time X Games gold and defending Moto X Freestyle and Speed & Style gold medalist
- Pierre-Luc Gagnon (CAN) – Five-time X Games gold medalist and returning Skateboard Vert silver medalist
- Vicki Golden (USA) – Defending Moto X Racing gold medalist
- Jamie Bestwick (GBR) – Nine-time and defending BMX Freestyle Vert gold medalist
- Taddy Blazusiak (POL) – Gold medalist of the inaugural Moto X Enduro X Men’s event
Tickets for X Games Los Angeles 2012 will be available for purchase May 24 at Ticketmaster locations, TicketMaster.com/XGames and the box office at STAPLES Center.