Bowers Rebounds with Big Arenacross Win in Tulsa, Leads Babbitts Podium Sweep
Tyler Bright Races to Lites Class Victory
Courtesy Feld Motorsports
TULSA, Okla. (February 6, 2010) After making a stellar debut one year ago, the AMA Arenacross Series sophomore outing at Tulsas state-of-the-art BOK Center returned and kept the thousands of Oklahoma fans on their feet as Babbitts Monster Energy/Ti Lube Kawasakis Tyler Bowers, of Danville, Ky., bounced back from a tough outing last week to win his sixth race of the 2010 season. Foremost Insurance Yamahas Tyler Bright, of Lexington, N.C., grabbed the victory in the AMA Arenacross Lites class.
The Tuf Honda duo of Brock Sellards, of Sherrodsville, Ohio, and reigning series champion Jeff Gibson, of Thornville, Ohio, were the first riders through turn one in the 25-lap AMA Arenacross main event and looked strong through the early portion of the race, but the Babbitts Monster Energy/TiLube Kawasaki trio of Bowers and teammates Josh Demuth, of North Richland Hills, Texas, and Chad Johnson, of Rhinelander, Wis., kept the pressure applied and eventually worked their way by. The top three riders in the premier AMA Arenacross class championship went on to sweep the podium Bowers, Demuth, Johnson. It marks the second time in 2010 that the Babbitts squad swept the overall podium.
After a strong outing one week ago, Bright maintained the momentum on Saturday night. GPF/Babbitts Kawasakis Daniel Aulsaybrook, of Ortonville, Mich., grabbed the AMA Arenacross Lites class hole shot and went on to lead during the early portion of the main event. However, a fall opened the door for Bright, who made the pass for the lead and never looked back. Oklahoma native Cory Green, of Nowata, Okla., secured the runner-up spot while GPF/Babbitts Kawasakis A.J. Catanzaro, Middlefield, Conn., rounded out the podium in third.
After losing 12 points last week, Bowers gained five over Johnson and extended his points lead to 20 points. Green moves into a tie with Catanzaro in the AMA Arenacross Lites Western Regional Championship.
The AMA Arenacross Series continues next weekend from Youngstown, Ohio at the Coveli Center next Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Tickets for all rounds of the 2010 season can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.com and www.arenacross.com.
For more information on the AMA Arenacross Series log on to www.arenacross.com
AMA Arenacross Class Results (Tulsa, Okla.)
1. Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki
2. Josh Demuth, North Richland Hills, Texas, Kawasaki
3. Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki
4. Jeff Gibson, Thornville, Ohio, Honda
5. Zach Ames, Prospect, Ohio, Honda
6. Dave Ginolfi, Lake Hopatlong, N.J., Suzuki
7. Nathan Skaggs, Chillicothe, Ohio, Honda
8. Robbie Reynard, Oklahoma City, Okla., Suzuki
9. Tyler Bright, Lexington, N.C., Yamaha
10. Brock Sellards, Sherodsville, Ohio, Honda
AMA Arenacross Class Points (After Race 8 of 19)
1. Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki 181
2. Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki 161
3. Josh Demuth, North Richland Hills, Texas, Kawasaki 147
4. Nathan Skaggs, Chillicothe, Ohio, Honda 133
5. Brock Sellards, Sherodsville, Ohio, Honda 119
6. Jeff Gibson, Thornville, Ohio, Honda 116
7. Zach Ames, Prospect, Ohio, Honda 105
8. Dave Ginolfi, Lake Hopatlong, N.J., Suzuki 97
9. Kevin Johnson, Spring, Texas, Kawasaki 93
10. Robbie Reynard, Oklahoma City, Okla., Suzuki 79
AMA Arenacross Lites Class Western Regional Points (After Race 2 of 10)
1. Cory Green, Nowata, Okla., Kawasaki 42
2. A.J. Catanzaro, Middlefield, Conn., Kawasaki 42
3. Tanner Moore, Auburn, Kan., KTM 25
4. Ricky Draper, Bellevue, Neb.,Honda 21
5. Jim Neese, Clinton, N.C., Yamaha 21
6. Justin Berry, Edmond, Okla., Kawasaki 18
7. Parker Eckman, Tustin, Calif., Honda 16
8. Jason Hussey, Moscow Mills, Mo., Kawasaki 15
9. Tanner Young, Marland, Okla., Yamaha 13
10. Chad Cook, Oklahoma City, Okla., Kawasaki 12
11. Kyle Hussey, Moscow Mills, Mo., Kawasaki 12
Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Monster Jam, SuperBull, Monster Energy Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Nuclear Cowboyz, Gravity Slashers, and IHRA Nitro Jam. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the worlds largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com