Australasian Supercross Series – Round 6 – New Zealand (Reedy)
Chad Reed wins Round 6 of the Monster Energy Super X Australasian Supercross Series!
Michael Phillips is the first New Zealander to win a round of the SuperX Supercross series (riding the 250 Lites class)!
Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Chad Reed demonstrated great form once again, with a clean sweep of the ‘Quad Challenge’ main events of the Monster Energy Super X Championship tonight in New Zealand. Chad has also taken over the series points lead with one round to go.
Tonight was the first ever New Zealand round of the Monster Energy Super X with the Open and 250cc class racing the exciting ‘Quad Challenge’ final format. The Open class raced against each other in four, six lap sprints with five minutes rest between each race and the 250cc class raced four, five lap sprints.
New Zealand rider, Michael Phillips, took the 250cc class final win after banging bars with the only Australian rider in the field, Pacific Ink Coastal KTM High Roller Energy Team’s Danny Anderson.
250 Lites Supercross Series Champion Matt Moss, riding for Suzuki, moved into the Open Supercross. (See photo of Matt on the open class bike below.)
Chad Reed said “It’s so great that we have been able to bring the Monster Energy Super X to New Zealand and it is really good to get the win tonight. I wasn’t on top of my game at the start of the series and these guys really caught me off guard in the first few rounds. I have found my form now and I am pumped to be going into the finale in Brisbane leading the championship.”
Results Monster Energy Super X Survival Final:
- Chad REED, Monster Energy Kawasaki, 20-20-20-20 TOTAL 80
- Tye SIMMONDS, Motorex KTM, 19-19-17-17 TOTAL 72
- Dan REARDON, Woodstock Honda Thor Racing, 18-10-19-18 TOTAL 65
- Michael BYRNE, Rockstar Maxima Honda Racing, 15-17-16-15 TOTAL 63
- Daniel McCOY, Pacific Ink Coastal KTM High Roller Energy, 17-16-18-11 TOTAL 62
- Todd WATERS, Woodstock Honda Thor Racing, 14-15-12-16 TOTAL 57
- Craig ANDERSON, Kawasaki Racing, 13-14-15-13 TOTAL 55
- Matt MOSS, Shift Motul Suzuki, 16-18-0-19 TOTAL 53
- Cody MACKIE, Cool Air Conditioning Kawasaki, 12-13-14-14 TOTAL 53
- Cameron TAYLOR, SP Motorsports Byrners Suzuki, 8-12-13-8 TOTAL 41
Results 250cc Quad Challenge final:
- Michael PHILLIPS (NZ), Honda NZ, Alpinestar, Dragon, 20-19-19-20
- Danny ANDERSON (AUS), Pacific Ink Coastal KTM High Roller Energy, 17-20-20-19
- Jesse WIKY (NZ), Peter Glidden Honda, 19-18-16-17
Monster Energy Super X OPEN championship standings:
- Chad REED, Monster Energy Kawasaki, 132
- Dan REARDON, Woodstock Honda Thor Racing, 118
- Jay MARMONT, CDR Rockstar Yamaha, 114
- Tye SIMMONDS, Motorex KTM, 108
- Daniel McCOY, Pacific Ink Coastal KTM High Roller Energy Team, 94
Monster Energy Super X 250cc championship standings:
- Matt MOSS, Shift Motul Suzuki, 127
- Kyle CUNNINGHAM, Yamaha, 97
- Lawson BOPPING, Shift Motul Suzuki, 94
- Ryan MARMONT, JDR Motorsports / MX Rad, 89
- Brendan HARRISON, Titan Garages / North Star Yamaha, 79
The series finale will be in Brisbane on December 5!
For ALL the info, latest news, point standings, Ticket info and more on the Australasian Supercross Series, visit http://www.superx.com.au !
Thanks everyone at Global Action Sports, Rush Sports, and Sport the Library
Click on thumbnails to view the larger images (Chad Reed is number 1 on the Kawasaki, Matt Moss is number 102 on the Suzuki, and Michael Phillips is number 2 on the Honda)
You can follow Supercross.com on Twitter – http://twitter.com/supercrosscom