Everything you’ll want to know about the 2011 Motocross of Nations on Supercross.com, and more – this would be a good place to start, come back to, and share with your friends.
Last year the event was held in the United States of America – Thunder Valley MX Park in Colordao. Next year the event will be at the historic sand track of Lommel, Belgium.
This year’s event is at the excellent, hilly, beautiful, raukus GP track in St. Jean d’Angely, France. And it’s expected to be one heck of a race!
Team USA is the defending champion, and ready to try and repeat for the sixth year in a row. Led by Team Manager Roger De Coster, the riders are Ryan Dungey – 2010 AMA Supercross Series and Motocross Series Champion, Ryan Villopoto – the recently crowned AMA Motocross Class Champion and the 2011 AMA Supercross Series Champion, and Blake Baggett – riding the MX2 class in his first taste of “Nations”.
Here are the start of our links of Supercross.com to help you with following the event.
First, you can watch the event on your computer – both Saturday September 17 and Sunday September 18. And there’s more – you can also receive the Fox Motocross of Nations package when you purchase the video access – it comes with an official Fox shirt from the Motocross of Nations event. On Saturday, Septebmer 17, there are five and half hours of video programming available. Noon to 5:30 local time. That is 6am Eastern Time start, 3am Pacific Time start.
On Sunday, video programming starts at 1pm local time, which is 7am Eastern Time, and 4am Pacific Time. Next …
2. You’ll get coverage each day on Supercross.com, starting Thursday, which will be in Feature content found on Supercross.com’s home page – http://www.supercross.com
3.Ã‚Â There will be updates via Supercross.com’s Facebook Fan Page
4.Ã‚Â You can get Features, Results and more thru Supercross.com’s iPhone application. Those articles will be in the iPhone app under the tab marked “News”.
5.Ã‚Â You can follow along via Twitter as well
6.Ã‚Â Here are the current team members, managers, riders numbers, and more for this 2011 Motocross of Nations in France
7. Here are bios on some of the ‘name’ riders that will be competing in the Nations – World Motocross Champion of MX1 – Tony Cairoli – Italy, World Motocross Champion of MX2 – Ken Roczen – Germany, Team USA’s Blake Baggett, Ryan Villopoto, and Ryan Dungey. Includes Christophe Pourcel, Marvin Musquin and Gautier Paulin from host country France. Australia’s Chad Reed, Great Britain’s Tommy Searle and 250 AMA MX lites motocross champion Dean Wilson, South Africa’s Tyla Rattray and other riders.
10.Ã‚Â Here are the photos, results, and more from the 2010 MXoN event in the USA.
11. Here is Amanda’s 2010 video recap of the 2010 Motocross of Nations, won by America’s Ryan Dungey, Trey Canard, and Andrew Short.
12.Ã‚Â Here is info on the 2012 Motocross of Nations to be in Belgium
13. Here is a press release on Germany hosting the 2013 Motocross of Nations.
14.Ã‚Â You can join the Supercross Community – post messages in the forum, build your own profile, and more – free!
15. Here is a video recap from Amanda on the 2007 Motocross of Nations held at Budds Creek, Maryland – with Ryan Villopoto dominating on the 250, with team-mates Ricky Carmichael and Tim Ferry.
16. Here’s one of our videos for the 2008 Motocross of Nations event in England – won by Team USA’s James Stewart, Ryan Villopoto, and Tim Ferry.
17. Here’s another video – this time of the 2009 Motocross of Nations in Italy, also won by Team USA, which featured Ryan Dungey, Jake Weimer, and Ivan Tedesco.
18. Our first report from Nations! Thursday in France – first photos!!!!
20. Saturday’s Qualifying Races! USA domination!
Much more is coming on Supercross.com from the 2011 Motocross of Nations in Saint Jean d’Angely, France, so stay tuned here!