2011 MiniMotoSX Class and Rule Updates
New classes and updates to keep up with the times!
The GEICO AMA MiniMotoSX, presented by Monster Energy and Braaap USA, is all about fun and the following updates to the classes and rules are designed to keep it that way. Below is a summary of the updates and changes for 2011:
- New MM12 Super Stock/Mod class. This class is for the Pitster XJR90 SS and BRAAAP 88cc. These are great bikes that provide a low cost option for racing but they previously did not fit into any class.
- The winner of the women’s class will be invited to participate in the World Final race that includes the top three finishers from the Expert and Youth classes (both 10 inch and 12 inch classes), plus the top riders from outside the US to create The World Final.
- Any rider that has an AMA Pro Racing license is not eligible for the Youth or Amateur classes. Sixteen or Seventeen year olds that have a current AMA Pro Racing license are eligible for the MM10 and MM12 Expert classes.
- MM12 Stock/Mod class rule clarification. This class has always required an automatic clutch so the KLX110L is not eligible for this class (it is eligible for the MM12A class).
- Any manufacturer asking to have a bike homologated for the following year must submit an actual bike and spec to MMSX/Dirt Rider offices no later than December 31st.
Check out the full rules for the Adult and Youth classes at www.MiniMotoSX.com.
Make your plans now to head out to Vegas for Monster Energy AMA Supercross weekend a little early so you can catch the Friday night show.Ã‚Â You can find race entry and event info at www.minimotosx.com and the new South Point Hotel host has ticket and room packages available at www.southpointeventscenter.com/events/11-minimotosx.php.