2011 AMA Women’s Motocross – Round 4 – Red Bud MX
Round 4 of the 2011 Women’s AMA National Motocross Championships in Michigan! Ashley Fiolek and Jessica Patterson continue their battle for supremacy of WMX! Ashley Fiolek wins both motos today, scores the overall victory, and extends her series points lead!
Red Bud MX
Seems like just about each race for the past three seasons has seen Ashley Fiolek and Jessica Patterson first and second, or second and first. In today’s Qualifying sessions, Ashley had a lap time of approx. 2 minutes 33 seconds, Jessica had the second best lap time about six seconds off Ashley’s pace.
Ashley Fiolek wins both motos and extends her series points lead
In the first moto, which is like all the other AMA Pro Motocross races for women – 15 minutes plus one lap, number 67 on the American Honda team, Ashley Fiolek is leading. She’s running lap times around 2 minutes 30 seconds. Jessica Patterson has moved into second after some early problems. Third place is Tarah Gieger, fourth Vicki Golden, then J Strong, S Kaneshiro, L Palmer, K Creson, M Markelon, and tenth is A Pearson.
This race goes eight laps. And the winner is Ashley Fiolek! Jessica Patterson is runner up. Third Tarah Gieger. Fourth thru tenth – Golden, Strong, Kaneshiro, Palmer, Creson, Markelon, and Jackie Ives.
The second moto gets under way as the clouds start to form, and the wind starts to pick up – but no rain. Ashley Fiolek is once again the leader! And Jessica Patterson is once again second!
Fiolek leads, but not without competition. Patterson is trying to make the pass, but the track is grooved up a bit, and if you get out of the good lines, you can easily lose time. Add in lappers later in the race.
But Fiolek holds on to win this eight lap moto, and with the same result in the first moto, scores the overall victory. She extends her series points lead as well. Second in this race goes to Jessica Patterson, followed by Tarah Gieger, Vicki Golden, M Markelon, S Kaneshiro, J Strong, K Creson, A Pearson, and Jackie Ives.
Watch all the World MX GP’s and Motocross of Nations, here on Supercross.com
Jackie Ives in number 17 on Yamaha
- Ashley Fiolek – HON – 1/1
- Jessica Patterson – YAM – 2/2
- Tarah Gieger – HON – 3/3
- Vicki Golden – KAW – 4/4
- Sayaka Kaneshiro – SUZ – 6/6
- Jacqueline Strong – KTM – 5/7
- Marissa Markelon – YAM – 9/5
- Kasie Creson – HON – 8/8
- Lindsey Palmer – HON – 7/10
- Jackie Ives – YAM – 10/11
- Ashley Fiolek – 185
- Jessica Patterson – 177
- Tarah Gieger – 148
- Jacqueline Strong – 108
- Kasie Creson – 98
- Marissa Markelon – 97
- Vicki Golden – 95
- Sayaka Kaneshiro – 83
- Lindsey Palmer – 83
- Pearson, Price – 79
More From Supercross.com:
- Follow Supercross.com Twitter
- Supercross.com Facebook Fan Page
- Get series race results on your iPhone
- Join the Supercross.com Community – build your own profile, post in message boards and more. Free
- Rider Profiles
- Which Team will win the 2011 Monster Energy Motocross of Nations?
- Watch the 2011 Monster Energy Motocross of Nations!
- Australaisian Supercross Series Schedule announced
- James Stewart to race Monster Energy Cup Hybrid Supercross / Motocross race in Las Vegas in October
- Thunder Valley MX Photo Feature
- RJ Says: Give me a break between supercross and motocross seasons