2010 Youthstream MX Awards
Saturday night at the Motocross of Nations, Youthstream (the company that owns the World Motocross Championships and the Motocross of Nations, along with other racing properties) held their annual “MX Awards Celebration”.
Of course, in World Motocross, there are four names that really dominated the 2010 Grand Prix MX Series: Antonio Cairoli, Marvin Musquin, Stephanie Laier and KTM.
The presenters for the evening were Mr. Paul Malin, a former MX GP racer himself, and Ms. Lisa Leyland.
From L – R: Mr. Giuseppe Luongo, World MX1 Motocross Champion Tony Cairoli,
FIM President Mr. Vito Ippolito, MX2 World MX Champion Marvin Musquin,
Dr. Wolfgang Srb
Paul and Lisa first welcomed FIM President Vito Ippolito, Youthstream President Giuseppe Luongo and FIM/CMS President Dr. Wolfgang Srb to the stage.
The list of the award winners:
- MX1 World MX Champion: Antonio Cairoli
- MX2 World MX Champion: Marvin Musquin
- MX3 World MX Champion: Carlos Campano* (award received by Spain’s MXoN Team Manager Josep Alonso)
- Womens MX World Champion: Stephanie Laier*
- Veterans World Cup Winner: Mats Nilsson*
- 125cc Junior World Champion: Jordi Tixier*
- 85cc Junior World Champion: Henry Jacobi
- 65cc Junior World Champion: Jake Pinhancos
- ‘Jan De Groot’ Award: Jeffrey Herlings*
- MX1 Manufacturer World Champion: KTM, handed to Pit Beirer
- MX2 Manufacturer World Champion: KTM, handed to Heinz Kinigardner
- MX3 Manufacturer World Champion: YAMAHA, handed to Massimo Raspanti
- MX1 Winning Team: Red Bull KTM Factory Racing, handed to Claudio De Carli
- MX2 Winning Team: Red Bull KTM Factory Racing, handed to Josef Sperl
- MX3 Winning Team: Yamaha Andalucia*
- Motocross MX1/MX2 Best Organizer: Sevlievo, Bulgaria, handed to Ivan Tsenov
- Motocross MX3 Best Organizer: Vantaa, Finland, handed to Tomi Konttinen
- Motocross MX1/MX2 Best Cooperation: Glen Helen, USA, handed to Lori Bryant
- Motocross MX3 Best Cooperation: Troyan, Bulgaria, handed to Rumen Petkov
- Lifetime Career Award: Dave Nicoll
- Journalist of the year: Adam Wheeler
- Photographer of the year – Stefano Taglioni
- Website of the year: Moto.it, handed to Ippolito Fassati
- Manufacturer Innovation: KTM 350 SX-F, handed to Stefan Everts
- Mechanic of the Year: Nazzareno Properzi (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing MX1/Head Mechanic)
- Youngest Organizer: Valkenswaard, The Netherlands*
- Wings For Life: Heinz Kinigardner & Pit Beirer
- Memorial Award: Andrew McFarlane and Danny ‘Magoo’ Chandler, handed to Ilario Ricci and David Clabaugh respectively
*not present at the ceremony
Photos include: Giuseppe Luongo, Tony Cairoli, Vito Ippolito, Marvin Musquin, Wolfgang Srb, Lisa greets Adam Wheeler, Dave Nicoll with Giuseppe Luongo & Wolfgang Srb, Pit Beirer, Heinz Kinigardner and Giuseppe Luongo, Heinz Kinigarnder and Luigo Zompetti, Paul Malin and Lisa Leyland, Lori Bryant accepts awards on behalf of Glen Helen Raceway, Pit Beirer and Luigi Zompetti, Marvin Musquin with Vito Ippolito, Giuseppe Luongo and Wolfgang Srb, award to Bulgarian organizer, part of the crowd on hand, Paul and Lisa, Stefan Everts accepts award from Nikos.
Supercross.com Community – publish your own profile! Free! Add photos, videos, and more!