After a very competitive 2009 motocross season, which saw Honda Red Bull Racing’s Ashley Fiolek take the championship, MXSports announces the 2010 Women’s Motocross (WMX) schedule.
The 2010 AMA Women’s National Motocross Championship series will visit two new venues in 2010: RedBud & Spring Creek.
“The action in the WMX Class during the 2009 season exceeded all of our expectations. Fans could always count on riders like Ashley Fiolek and Jessica Patterson to provide some of the best racing on the schedule and thanks to the commitment of our title sponsor Lucas Oil, they were showcased on national television. By introducing two new events for 2010, we expect to continue broadening the national exposure by visiting new parts of the country” said Davey Coombs, vice president of MXSports.
The WMX season will kick-off at the season-opening round from Hangtown on May 22 and will conclude Labor Day weekend from Steel City on September 4.
2010 Women’s Class of the Lucas Oil Motocross Championship Schedule
- May 22 – Hangtown Motocross Classic – Rancho Cordova, Calif.
- May 29 – Glen Helen Raceway – San Bernardino, Calif.
- June 5 – Freestone Raceway – Wortham, Texas
- June 26 – Thunder Valley Motocross – Lakewood/Denver, Colo.
- July 3 – RedBud – Buchanan, Mich.
- July 17 – Spring Creek Motocross – Millville, Minn.
- Aug 28 – Moto-X 338 – Southwick, Mass.
- Sept 4 – Steel City Raceway – Delmont, Pa.
Season VIP tickets are on sale now at the MX sectino of allisports.com. VIP ticket benefits vary by track, but generally include such special features as an all day pit pass, a special viewing area, VIP parking, catered lunch, event program and other benefits. These are the best seats in the house and are available only in limited quantities.